September 20, 2008

The grass on the other side

I suddenly remembered that earlier this year I had created another blog in Wordpress titled Accidental Abundances. But I have obviously decided to continue to blog here on Blogger, where I first started out about 3 years ago.

So, I'm going to use "Accidental Abundances" to file away some interesting links I find on Metafilter and such sites; and I intend to just cut-n-paste other posts there (with due credit to the site I found it on) but will not have much (or usually anything) to add to it myself.

Btw, I love that Wordpress template; clean and neat - unlike this one, which I try to keep active and interesting and adding widgets and CSS codes for things I find interesting but typically, I end up making it cluttered and messy!
I have struggled through various templates on Blogger over the last few years. I keep fidgeting with it from time to time, settle on something, then a few months later, I hate it and tinker again...and so it goes! But I find that I still love that wordpress template even after many months of creating it.

And so it goes... the grass is always greener on the other side. Even when you own the other side too! :)

--
"The grass is not, in fact, always greener on the other side of the fence. Not at all. Fences have nothing to do with it. The grass is greenest where it is watered. When crossing over fences, carry water with you and tend the grass wherever you may be." -- Robert Fulghum in It was On Fire When I Lay Down on It, 1989

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...