September 28, 2008

Alert the Treasury, there's a number they can pick

On a day when my head boggled trying to figure out how much 700 million* is...

..via Neatorama, a blog I used to read often in 2006 or 2007 but have not visited in many months, I learn that a new Mersenne Prime Number has been discovered recently and it is 13 million digits long!

Previous post on Mersenne primes and other geeky math stuff here. :)

* Actually, one of the comments at Neatoram already said what I was going to wisecrack: "Don’t let the Treasury Department see the number, or they’ll want that instead of 700 billion!" :))

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...