September 11, 2008

Twist... Lets Twist Again!

According to Billboard's Hot 100 chart, the biggest No. 1 hit doesn't belong to the Beatles or Elvis.

Its this one!! (And to think I never even heard of Chubby Checker before today!)

Santana's "Smooth," featuring Rob Thomas, is the No. 2 most popular, followed by Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife," Leann Rimes' "How Do I Live" and "The Macarena" by Los Del Rio. The Beatles did make the top 10, coming it at No. 8 with "Hey Jude." But Olivia Newton-John's "Physical" and Debby Boone's "You Light Up My Life" are ahead of that hit. Rounding out the top 10: Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together" at No. 9 and Toni Braxton's "Un-break My Heart" at No. 10.
Ok...let's twist again!



Seems, the name Chubby Checker is a
take-off on then-popular singer Fats Domino! :)

I'll leave you with a link to the famous Indian "Aao twist karo" (Come, let's twist) song from the 60s ;)

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...