September 19, 2008

The Disarray of Life

I am a great fan of the Post Secret blog (also now at Myspace and previously blogged about here; also these videos at youtube that capture some good posts from the past 3 years: 1, 2, 3)...

... and today, I found another such site - Common Ties - that captures all the tiny ironies, paradoxes, apprehensions, poignancy, trepidation, remorses, desires, fears, frailty & vulnerability, and the overriding melancholy of life. (Yes... joys too, but those are not as interesting and do not make it to the posts at these sites as often.)

But there is a hint of humor and elation in the way we see the world through all thi
s (which prevents us from despairing and getting disconsolate) and that is what I most adore about many of these posts. There are many really good ones that I enjoyed; a few of which I am re-posting here, with all copyrights still assigned to the rightful owner.

What was the most meaningful "I love you" spoken to you? (- Common Ties post, 2008-08-21)


What is the most gracious act of kindness you have witnessed? (- Common Ties post, 2008-08-26)

And one which may be me some day.... (if there is a God and I get to see her, that is. For all you know, I may have an appointment with him, no? Or it!)

What is your most obsessive thought? (- Common Ties post, 2008-08-19)


Anyways...go enjoy the site. It is such a wonderful exposition of the disarray of life and the common ties that keep us glued together.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...