September 9, 2008

Blowing your mind

Ok..since I did not provide youtube videos in my previous Music post, here are a couple unbelievable blues riffs from some living blues greats - Clapton, John Mayall, and B. B. King.

Steppin' Out recorded in 1966 by John Mayall's Bluesbreakers with Eric Clapton. Like the commentator at the beginning says: "Eric Clapton playing like he's fixing (?) to blow your mind"...



And here's B B King with Gary Moore playing The Thrill is Gone (Oh no, BB...the thrill is all here, percolating into every pore of my body and blowing my mind!)




And here's John Mayall and Eric Clapton jamming together more recently in a live performance.



Some day soon, I have got to go see these blues legends live! BB King's already retired without me ever seeing him live. Will have to make do with just recordings of the King of the Blues now!

Update: Just read this... HALLELUJAH. Get prepared to have your mind really blown, Sanjeev. (I was unsure about my plans for Thanksgiving but everything else is now on hold because on November 28th he plays at the North Shore Music Theatre in Beverly, MA. (That's the one on the scheduled itenarary closet to me, I think)

B. B. King might not be playing 250-plus shows a year anymore, but he seems to tour endlessly. After a summer filled with shows, he is still active, though the annual B. B. King Blues Festival was retired for 2008. King picks up his touring itinerary on September 6 in Laughlin, NV, with dates set through December 1 in Hagerstown, MD. The 31-date tour will take King through Mid-West, Southern, and East Coast states. No West Coast performances have been announced yet.

Update to the Update: I looked up ticket prices. Only tickets available in Beverly, MA are $337.00 each. I could drive 100 miles to the next closest location (Hartford, CT) and there are a few more options - but still very expensive ..

$174.00 each
$268.00 each
$317.00 each
$377.00 each
$387.00 each

I just blogged about King's music blowing my mind but this is mind-blowing indeed! Sigh.... I could get 100s of blues and jazz albums for that kind of money and blow my mind over and over again for hours and days and years to come. Ok... back to making TG plans -- visiting my sister or get-to-gether with friends -- that is the question! ;)

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...