January 19, 2008

Vieux Redux

I initially wondered whether this was from the evening in Somerville, MA (a few miles from my house!) in 2007. I remember reading about it but did not manage to get there. Not so.. Joe's pub is in NYC. The Somerville event was at Johnny D's in Davis Square.

If there is a God, he must be having a good time listening to Ali Farka Toure. For now, here on earth, THIS is heaven! (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...to Vieux's bassist Eric Herman's
activism-minded Modiba Productions, who produce Vieux's records, for putting this online!)



I cannot imagine how amazing it must be to listen to his father live.... missed that chance now :(... but I HAVE to see Vieux live next time he is in the Boston area! Or maybe I'll just see him whenever I get to the Desert Festival, huh? ;)

And here is Vieux playing "Bullet the Blue Sky" by U2



and one last short clip for now... from the Dun Laoghaire Festival of World Cultures, Ireland in August 2007.



Previous post about Vieux here.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...