January 21, 2008

Lets dance to the djembe!

Percussion... another thing I've always loved right from when I was a little kid. (I do not know to play any instrument -- just loved the beat of percussion instruments, is all)

First up, a dance to a djembe beat from Bamako, Mali.



Here's some djembe drumming and dancing at a marriage ceremony in Bamako, Mali


and more djembe and dancing from Senegal this time (Mamadou Sidibe on the djembe)


And here is 4-year old Isaiah Chevrier playing the djembe -- I had seen some of his videos on youtube before. The future is in good hands, literally!





Abdoulaye is Isaiah's 2-year old brother


Some day, these kids will be like this Grand Master Djembe Player - 70-year old Sega Cisse.




Related: A travel log about drumming in Bamako, Mali

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...