July 11, 2008

Death be not proud - VI

Also dead on February 3, 2008 (gleaned from the Wikipedia Deaths in 2008 compilation):Four younger than 66, the age of my father; though one apparently threw his life away. Three much older.

And so it goes.

Update: Again, out of curiousity, I looked up in wikipedia the list of famous people born on the same day as my dad. (Although we celebrated June 30th for the longest time as his birthday, I believe my parents agree that his actual birth day was July 1st.) And wikipedia has two entries on that day, both Nobel laureates!
  • Alfred G. Gilman, American scientist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
  • Myron Scholes, American economist, Nobel Prize laureate

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...