July 17, 2008

Two hands, cold and distant

Like I had written earlier this year:
I have read only one Haruki Murakami's novel - Sputnik Sweetheart - and none of his other famous ones (1, 2, 3).
I hope to fix this soon and have picked up Kafka on the shore, which I hope to read in the next two weeks. I doubt I will be quoting much from the book but here is an image early on in the book that I loved.
I look around, standing stock-still, and take a deep breath. The clock shows three p.m., the two hands cold and distant. They're pretending to be noncommittal, but I know they're not on my side. It's nearly time for me to say good-bye.
How poetic!

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...