February 26, 2008

Death be not proud!

In loving memory....
Dr. D. N. Naik (June 1941 - February 2008)

... of a loving husband and an amazing dad. If I were even 10% as good a man as he was, I would be considered a really good man.

Terribly missing my dad and grappling with endless grief, shock, emptiness, and various other associated feelings. So, it is time for a time-out from blogging for a few months. I'll be back though - likely in June.

Are God and Nature then at strife,
That Nature lends such evil dreams?
So careful of the type she seems,
So careless of the single life;
......

So runs my dream, but what am I?
An infant crying in the night
An infant crying for the light
And with no language but a cry.
- from In Memoriam A.H.H. by Alfred, Lord Tennyson.
The title is of course, from John Donne's famous poem with the same title.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...