December 12, 2007

Zipcar works great but I don't need a car. I could do with a bike to get to work or run errands in town instead of walking to work or taking the car out to go 2-3 miles for groceries! Actually, the plan is to do away with the car at some point and get a Vespa but I still need to get groceries in snowy winter months when bikes and scooties cannot be really used. The bus system exists but is too infrequent over weekends to depend on it though I suppose its a question of being pampered too much in the Western world! People in most parts of the world use far worse public transportation systems for everything they do in their daily lives without much of a whimper. Actually, I should stop blogging about this and take concrete actions to get rid of the car (not worth paying the insurance for merely using it to get groceries during the weekend. On weekdays, it stays put at home since I walk to work and my wife takes the bus or rides a bike to the T-station) and buy a bike (and maybe buy a Vespa next summer.) I could so easily survive using a vespa, a bike, and an occasional zipcar rental. Maybe that's going to be my new year resolution! So anyone wants to pay premium dollars to buy a well-maintained 2002 VW Passat with less than 40,000 miles on it?

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...