December 23, 2007

Insult my pasta

Chocolate Jesus rises again!

"My Sweet Lord," an anatomically correct milk chocolate sculpture of Jesus Christ that infuriated Catholics before its April unveiling was canceled, returns on Oct. 27 to a Chelsea art gallery.

This is like the brouhaha over MF Hussain and his deity paintings. I do not find both so offensive personally that I would ask to ban them. That said, I do think putting a cross in piss and calling it art ('meritorious art', at that!) is NOT art and is definitely offensive. Many may claim it is all perfectly ok under the aegis of freedom of expression but with freedom comes great responsibility. Many people forget that!

Related: Read Amit Varma's article -
Don’t Insult Pasta.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...