April 27, 2007

Monsters Inc.

Dailykos is a great political blog but though I read it frequently, I rarely link to articles at the blog because I tend to stay away from political issues here (except for the rare exception.)

But today, I found this Dailykos post that enlightens us with this very sad fact...
One in three Native American or Alaska Native women will be raped at some point in their lives. Most do not seek justice because they know they will be met with inaction or indifference.
.. and I decided to blog about it as the Pretty Bird Woman House, a women's shelter on the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation in South Dakota, which is going to close due to a lack of funds. They have a fund-raiser to raise $25,000 which will keep the house open....and are looking for people's help.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...