April 30, 2007

Informing the imagination

This sentence from a blog post by Megan caught Amit Varma's eye today..
“Life is too short for a non-activity with stilted conversation.”
I, on the other hand, empathized with these sentences in the last para of the post.
"I haven’t felt ambitious in years, and I don’t think that is coincidence. I’d be hard pressed to tell you a detailed vision of something I want, besides to stay in my pleasant life here, because I can’t let my wants off the leash enough to inform my imagination. I think I’m paying an energetic cost in holding down the want, and a lack of drive from not wanting anything."
--
“Ambition is the last refuge of failure.” - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...