October 11, 2006

More power to their tribe - 1

Dr. Chavan taught me Physical Chemistry for a semester in 2nd year of engineering at UDCT (now UICT).... he was involved, as I remember it, in some education efforts for the under-previleged in the shanties of Mumbai and left UDCT to persue this full-time in 1989... I had all but forgotten about him until I got an email on an alum newgroup I recently joined...

Madhav Chavan, is co-founder Director of Pratham ( www.pratham.org ), an organization that has been working for universalization of elementary education in India since 1994. Read more about his views on how technology can transform society...

He has also
blogged here

More power to his tribe!

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...