July 6, 2007

Sometimes when I'm with her, I feel lonely

Just heard a great song, I still think about you by Dr. John (from the album, Afterglow) on Mel Hill's Jazz show on BBC Radio. You can also listen to it on Rhapsody music.

Also, this week's show starts with "six and a quarter minutes of red-hot excellence" with a "wonderfully vigorous version" of
Struttin' With Some Barbecue by Tom Saunders' Wild Bill Davison Band, which can be found on this album and heard online at Rhapsody music.(The original version of this song was written in the 1920s by Louis Armstrong and his then wife, Lil Hardin. You can hear various other versions of the song, including that by Armstrong, here.)

Right after that I heard a very delicate and wonderful piano piece -
Echoes Of Spring by Johnny Varro, followed by a good piece, Four On Six by Wes Montgomery & Wynton Kelly Trio and then Dr. John's beautiful bluesy song. That's all the time I have for jazz this morning... but that will do. Beautiful...what a start to the day!

--

For now, here are the lyrics to Dr. John's song - as best as I could understand and transcribe them as I listened to them.
Sometimes when I'm with her
I feel lonely...

She love me still
I feel good

Although I'm bad
to that woman

Although I'm bad (?)
to that woman

Can I help if I still think about you

There are times when we get together
little things she does
reminds me of you

.....

Can I help it if I still think about you

If she found out
it would only hurt her
she would turn and wanna go

We'll just let this remain our secret
Its something she must never know

I try but still
I can't stop crying
She never know what makes me so blue

Although I'm bad (?)
to that woman

Can I help it if I still think about you

Can I help it if I still think about you

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...