July 14, 2007

Heebie-jeebies - 1

IMO, Diane Sawyer is a Barbara Walters wannabe... (and the latter gives me a heebie-jeebies... . I can almost imagine Walters voice asking Ahmadinejad... "Do you cry? How does it make you feel?"...*shudder*

How Often Do You Cry?
Ahmadinejad gives a perfect Ms_Universy answer :)

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: "Yes, that's true. Not only for Iranians, of course, they are very close to me and I love all Iranians. And anywhere, when I see people suffering, I have the same reaction. And we feel sad for people of Iraq, for the people of Palestine. Anywhere we have war, we feel sad. Even when I see on TV that, for example, some Americans, because of tornadoes or a hurricane, they have lost their homes, I become sad. Because, for us, human beings are respectable, no matter where they are. Human beings are respectable and they have their own dignity. And all of us should help so that people can lead better lives, to live at peace. And to live-- peace and brotherhood. From our religion’s viewpoint of our religion, all people are respectable, and they must be loved, regardless of their nationality, ethnicity, or religion. This is part of our religious teaching, and we'll live with this religion. Thank you."
--
Also this was an interesting reflection on how we see media today...


Courtroom Explodes in Laughter After ABC’s Sawyer Touts Fairness of Journalists
Diane Sawyer: "You know, I wanted to sit on a jury once and I was taken off the jury. And the judge said to me, 'Can, you know, can you tell the truth and be fair?' And I said, 'That's what journalists do.' And everybody in the courtroom laughed. It was the most hurtful moment I think I've ever had."

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...