July 10, 2007

Mad-cow or mad-human disease!

Last time around they complained about cows farting... now they blame it on the cows burping!!

Disclaimer: I believe global warming could be happening because I believe human activity is having a deleterious effect on climate. I am also not debating studies that methane is 23 times more "warming" than carbon dioxide or that cows produce more "warming" than cars....but I find it amusing to believe people seriously discussing cow farts/burps instead of focusing on those CO2 belching cars, coal plants, cement & concrete manufacturing, and other sources of greenhouse gases (see US emissions data) - just leave them cows alone now, will you? ;)

Note: There is even a patent to "trap" cow farts and turn it into an advantage. This inventor, Marcus, patents a method to in effect fight global warming by using cow farts to create energy!! The plan is to use the collected methane "as a source of carbon and/or energy for the production of methane-utilizing microorganisms in a microorganism growth-and-harvest apparatus."

Even a guy with tree-hugger inclinations like me has to roll his eyes seeing such inanities!

--
BE FOREWARNED... do NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU ARE EATING FOOD or easily grossed out :)

Another bovine patent I just found that sent a shudder down my spine! Actually, someone's gotta research such things, I suppose. Just glad it isn't me :)

Intravaginal Retention Device for a Tailed Animal - Patented by Vikram Mehrotra and Chris Redford of Monsanto in St Louis.

----

This post is dedicated to IU :)

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...