August 2, 2007

Great Blog - 2

Humor in writing is a tough act and one that is very rarely found on blogs. Hence the urge to highlight this blog that makes me laugh out loud every time I read it.

Meghalomania... A Walk in the Clouds (The title is a play on the blogger's name, Megha, which means clouds.)

Full of hindi-isms, punning, and other witty remarks (without being cliched or trite), the blog is a fresh breath of air in the weary doldrums of Indians blogging. There are only a handful of blogs by Indians that I enjoy reading (the often mentioned India Uncut, Jabberwock (which I have highlighted earlier), and a few others that I will highlight in the days to come.)

For example, read this great post about movies from the 80s... (I echo her thoughts and even expressed this thought to Amit Varma (of India Uncut) in an email last week...the 80s was by far the worst decade for Bollywood movies. My favorite Bollywood movies are from the late 40s and 50s - the movies overall and definitely the songs).

The first half of the post is brilliant. The second half is a half-decent review of the movie Ijazzat and its great songs.

Not sure if this is an original but if it is..she's clever too ...u must admit..

We have much to say and by golly, we shall eventually say it. As they taught us in high school mathematics — We shall / come Σ day.

get it? :)

And here is a post -
Vishesh Tippani - from May 2006, which is when I had first seen this blog, which I remember had me in splits then.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...