August 14, 2007

Endurance

Some years ago I had read The Endurance: Shackleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition by Caroline Alexander and later even seen a documentary about this amazing story. While the latter was so-so (I never like documentaries where they re-create scenarios using actors), Caroline Alexander's book was a great retelling and left me breathless and in awe for many days after the reading. I was totally consumed by the story - as if, I myself were on a great expedition - and the story stayed with me long after the book was returned to the library.

Seems there are other books & documentaries that also cover this expedition
- Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage by Alfred Lansing
- Shackleton - The Greatest Survival Story of All Time (3-Disc Collector's Edition)

Shackleton's bravery in a real tough situation seems to have spawned a few business/leadership books also:

- Leading at the edge - Leadership Lessons from the Extraordinary Saga of Shackleton's Antarctic Expedition - by Dennis N. T. Perkins, Margaret P. Holtman, Paul R. Kessler, & Catherine McCarthy

- Shackleton's Way: Leadership Lessons from the Great Antarctic Explorer by Margot Morrell

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...