December 10, 2008

The Robinson Crusoe Effect

Aah...so, now I have a name for my condition!
Mr. Sieling, the writer of the Slow Blog Manifesto, gave up his personal blog because he felt no one was reading it. “I called it the Robinson Crusoe feeling of blogging,” he said by e-mail, “and I think it’s common.”
That's from an interesting article that talks about the art of "slow" blogging and blogging as a meditative art form!
Haste, Scorned: Blogging at a Snail's Pace

..

slow bloggers believe that news-driven blogs like TechCrunch and Gawker are the equivalent of fast food restaurants — great for occasional consumption, but not enough to guarantee human sustenance over the longer haul.

"Slow Blogging is a rejection of immediacy. It is an affirmation that not all things worth reading are written quickly."
So, it seems its not just Amit Varma at India Uncut (and me lately) who have slowed down on blogging... there's a different kind of "slow" blogger out there!

Also, the article says something about blogging vs. micro-blogging (Twitter etc.)

"Blog to reflect, Tweet to connect."

Sigh... I guess I am no good at reflection nor connection! OTOH, some people reflect AND connect very well! More power to their pen...or rather finger tips - busy typing away at the keyboard or twiddling away at the miniature keypad of a mobile device of their choice!

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...