March 17, 2008

Ambition vs. Reality



You Should Be A Poet

You craft words well, in creative and unexpected ways.

And you have a great talent for evoking beautiful imagery...

Or describing the most intense heartbreak ever.

You're already naturally a poet, even if you've never written a poem.



I have actually written poems. Not in a while but I used to. And I am not sure I should be a poet. I do wish I was a writer. But like a good friend once told me...a lot of people are in love with the idea of being a writer but do not really understand, like, or even attempt or develop the habit & art of writing. I do read a lot. But reading, while essential and necessary, is not a sufficient requisite to being a writer.

P.S. Not that I have any problems with beautiful legs, but I am strangely bothered by the above picture, that came with the cut-n-paste from the quiz I took to know what kind of a writer I should be.* I could take it out but am going to leave it in - if only as a distraction. :)

* I do not take such pop-quizzes seriously - this is more in jest than any genuine attempt to find out what I should write! Answering 5 silly multiple-choice questions will NOT tell me what I should do with my life or even begin to scratch at the surface of who I am as a person.

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...