January 16, 2006

Rushdie

Doctor, heal thyself..!!!!

Salman Rushdie recently commented in the Paris Review on his growing ambition to tell a story simply and clearly: 'I've gotten more interested in clarity as a virtue, less interested in the virtues of difficulty - I don't like books that play to the gallery, but I've become more concerned with telling a story as clearly and engagingly as I can... A story doesn't have to be simple, it doesn't have to be one-dimensional but, especially if it's multidimensional, you need to find the clearest, most engaging way of telling it.'- via Prufock's page:
(The interview with Rushdie appeared in the Summer 2005 issue; some extracts are online here.)

No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...