Doctor, heal thyself..!!!!
Salman Rushdie recently commented in the Paris Review on his growing ambition to tell a story simply and clearly: 'I've gotten more interested in clarity as a virtue, less interested in the virtues of difficulty - I don't like books that play to the gallery, but I've become more concerned with telling a story as clearly and engagingly as I can... A story doesn't have to be simple, it doesn't have to be one-dimensional but, especially if it's multidimensional, you need to find the clearest, most engaging way of telling it.'- via Prufock's page:
(The interview with Rushdie appeared in the Summer 2005 issue; some extracts are online here.)
January 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez
And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with a poem today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...
-
Today a poem by the Mexican-American poet, Juan Delgado. Gatekeepers by Juan Delgado 1. A crow gliding over a ravine was ...
-
A poem today by Javier Zamora, whose poems about immigration, refugees, and exiles hit a nerve like few others! This poem is from the Nov...
-
Today a poem by Aracelis Girmay, an American poet whose work I found a year or two ago via Poetry magazine and was blown away. Elegy...
No comments:
Post a Comment