March 21, 2017

The sky remains forever dark


Stasis! We know - well, most scientists but not all believe - that the universe is not static and is continually expanding but yes, energy is conserved, there may be something called dark matter and evenmoreso dark energy that comprises much of the universe and holds it together, but yes... the sky does remain forever dark.

#Nihilism? No. Just some bunny-hole I went into after  I ran into this excerpt while reading about entropy and the end of the universe, something that came up while discussing a Wallace Stevens poem, of all things! ;-)



__
P.S. I didn't know they had released a stamp in honor of Gibbs. I need to get myself this stamp somehow!




No comments:

Not one more refugee death, by Emmy Pérez

And just like that, my #NPM2018 celebrations end with  a poem  today by Emmy Pérez. Not one more refugee death by Emmy Pérez A r...